- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
There’s a new wrinkle in the ongoing coach-quarterback-owner saga in the nation’s capital, as the Washington Redskins announced Kirk Cousins — not Robert Griffin III — will start against the Atlanta Falcons Sunday.
Earlier this week, head coach Mike Shanahan stated he was considering benching Griffin for the remainder of the season.
According to sources close to the situation, Shanahan’s plan is “tentative” and would not rule out the coach changing his mind. NFL Network reported players have been told Griffin will be inactive against Atlanta.
Cousins will make his first start of the year. The second-year quarterback has appeared in two games this season, including during last week’s lopsided loss at the hands of the Kansas City Chiefs. On Monday, Shanahan told the media he would discuss which quarterback to start with owner Dan Snyder before making a decision.
This is just the latest chapter of the Redskins’ disarray. Prior to Sunday’s game against Kansas City, ESPN.com reported Shanahan considered leaving the Redskins prior to the team’s playoff loss to the Seattle Seahawks. According to the report, Shanahan was unhappy with Snyder’s tight-knit relationship with Griffin.
- Is Watching College Basketball Exciting?
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?