- Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire: Peralta, Soria Offer Free Saves; Miller a Closer in Waiting? - Apr 9, 2015
- 2015 NBA Playoff Bracket – April 9 - Apr 9, 2015
- Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire: Add Jake Lamb - Apr 8, 2015
Last week we looked at the league’s top fantasy baseball first basemen, today we turn to the league’s second basemen. Below you’ll find the official XN Sports 2014 second base projections.
The top two spots generated some discussion on Tuesday when we posted our second base rankings. While Robinson Cano would certainly be the top ranked second baseman with last year’s numbers, it will be hard for him to post the stats he’s posted in Yankee Stadium in Seattle, not to mention that it will take him time to get acclimated to the new team, division, and coast.
Meanwhile, Jason Kipnis is a player on the rise, on a team on the rise, and offers a healthy dose of steals in case his offensive output isn’t quite that of Cano. It seems ironic to trust a guy with two seasons under his belt over a nine-year vet with perennial All-Star numbers but, under the circumstances, Kipnis is the least likely of the two to disappoint.
Beyond the top two spots, the Pedroia/Carpenter/Hill/Phillips/Prado tier is the least likely to disappoint barring injury. The Zobrist/Altuve/Gyorko/Murphy/Miller/Lowrie/Utley tier has solid potential but all present a decent amount of risk. The bottom tier actually provides very solid value for guys who are likely to go late in the draft. If you can’t get one of the top second baggers, a combination of a third tier guy and a fourth tier guy can definitely get you through the season.
- Is Watching College Basketball Exciting?
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?