Don’t put your Gerald Greens away just yet. Though there’s good news on the horizon concerning Eric Bledsoe‘s return, his recovery timetable is pretty open-ended. So that makes Green – who has been a nice fill-in for Bledsoe – still a nice option in fantasy leagues.
XN Sports had been rather mum re: Bledsoe in our weekly injury report because it really seemed like he could be out the season with a meniscus injury. At first, prognostication had him returning this past January, but out of the clear blue Phoenix sky, the combo guard went under the knife. With a contract year ahead of him, and the Suns playing nicely without him, speculation had a high chance of Bledsoe sitting the rest of 2013-14.
But as AZ Central reports, Bledsoe will be back before season’s end. Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby was extremely optimistic on the point’s return, telling the AZ Central that “he’s progressing as expected. We’re still optimistic that he’ll return some time after the All-Star break.” Of course, the time between the end of the All-Star break and the beginning of fantasy basketball playoffs is rather ample.
Fantasy owners might take the news as sign to snatch Bledsoe from the waiver wires but it might make more sense to give it a few days. There might be more developments during the All-Star break, one of which could be a major trade by the Suns that could spell a quick return for Bledsoe.
If there’s even the slightest hint of an improvement or of the Suns parting ways with some backcourt players, it would definitely become a time to stash the guard. Prior to his bout with the modern-day-point-guard-killer meniscus injury, Bledsoe was a top-35 fantasy talent averaging 18.0 Points Per Game, 5.8 Assists Per Game, 4.3 Rebounds, 1.5 Steals, and 1.2 three-pointers.
- Is Watching College Basketball Exciting?
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?