- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
The 2014 NFL Draft has definitely been the most difficult to dissect. With each passing day, new reports suggest the Houston Texans can draft three to four different players or potentially trade out of that spot and move down later in the first round.
Another day, another wrinkle, and today is no exception.
According to Sports Illustrated’s Peter King, the Texans are not set on drafting Jadeveon Clowney at No. 1. One source close to general manager Rick Smith told King he likes Khalil Mack more than Clowney, and still doesn’t know which quarterback he would take if he were to go in that direction with the first selection.
Per King, the team is more likely gong to go with “the sure thing,” which may bring tackle Greg Robinson into the mix.
I still think the Texans would go with a more sure thing with the first overall pick than a quarterback—and that sure thing could also be tackle Greg Robinson. But imagine Mack, the outside linebacker from the University of Buffalo, being the first pick in a stacked draft. Wouldn’t that be something—a second straight Mid-American Conference player
If the Texans choose Clowney and pass on Mack, then King expects Mack to fall no lower than the Jacksonville Jaguars waiting patiently at No. 3. And vice versa — the team would likely be glad to land Clowney at that spot, too.
Here are some other news and notes about teams’ picks, per the report:
The Detroit Lions have been linked to Sammy Watkins a lot in recent weeks, but would need to pull off a trade to move down and snag the coveted wide receiver. Perhaps a different pass-catcher is in the cards, though. Top tight end Eric Ebron was asked which team he expects to pick him. He named the Lions, who hold the 10th overall pick.
The Pittsburgh Steelers like Odell Beckham Jr. and Brandin Cooks, who both are visiting the New York Jets this week. Both are expected to be there when the Steelers pick 15th, and receiver has become a major area of need since losing Emmanuel Sanders and Mike Wallace over the past two offseasons.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have been linked to Mike Evans again. The trade of Mike Williams to the Buffalo Bills made wide receiver a glaring need for Tampa. Evans is projected to land with the Bucs in the XN Sports Mock Draft 2.0.
The Arizona Cardinals are “sweet on a couple of quarterbacks,” including Derek Carr and A.J. McCarron. Carr may go as early as the first round, while McCarron has long been projected to go around Round 3. King calls it a stretch, but McCarron could go to the desert in the second round.
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread