- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
The Sacramento Kings have informed the Minnesota Timberwolves that they are interested in trading for Kevin Love despite any assurance from the All-Star power forward that he would re-sing with the team, according to Yahoo! Sports.
The Kings are willing to surrender the No. 8 overall pick in next month’s NBA Draft and a package of players to acquire Love. Sources tell Yahoo! Sports that Love is not expected to want to sign a contract extension to play in Sacramento, a rebuilding team in one of the league’s smallest media markets.
Per Marc J. Spears:
The Kings know they’d have to gamble on convincing Love to re-sign, given that the franchise is rebuilding and Love is looking to play for a contender after never reaching the playoffs with the Timberwolves.
Under new owner Vivek Ranadive and general manager Pete D’Alessandro, the Kings have shown they are willing to open their wallets. Last year, the team acquired Gay from the Toronto Raptors and signed Cousins to a four-year, $62 million extension.
Though Sacramento went just 28-54 last season and missed out of the postseason for an eighth consecutive season, the team may be looking to return to contention by 2016, when they begin playing in their new arena in downtown Sacramento. Apparently, ownership envisions Love being a part of the attraction.
Love’s representation has pushed Timberwolves president Flip Saunders to explore acceptable trades prior to the start of free agency in July. If a deal cannot be reached, Love has made it abundantly clear he plans to opt of his contract in the summer of 2015 and will leave Minnesota as a free agent.
Love has been linked to the Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets and Chicago Bulls.
He previously told ESPN.com he was “intrigued” by Golden State and Chicago. The Warriors just hired Steve Kerr to coach the team, and there was a report that the team is already considering trades to bring Love to the Bay Area.
The Lakers pick seventh in the NBA Draft lottery, and are reportedly willing to give up their pick to acquire Love, who hails from Los Angeles.
Even the Cleveland Cavaliers are trying to make a deal for Love come to fruition. The Cavs are putting together packages including expiring contracts and draft picks to try and bring Love to Cleveland.
- Is Watching College Basketball Exciting?
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?