- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
As training camps across the NFL get underway, XN Sports will report the top headlines of each day.
With the preseason nearing, there is no shortage of intrigue and optimism, key injuries, and potential holdouts, as well as late offseason signings.
Here are the top five headlines for Tuesday:
Cardinals linebacker John Abraham was arrested and charged with DUI in Atlanta at the end of last month, the Arizona Republic reported. This is why the veteran pass-rusher has missed three straight days of training camp.
If found guilty, Abraham could be subject to a fine and/or a suspension from the league. That would be a major hit for Arizona’s D, which lost Karlos Dansby in free agency, Daryl Washington to suspension, and is without Tyrann Mathieu as he deals with an injury. Abraham led the team with 11.5 sacks in 2013.
Graham about to get chopped
How will the Bills’ wide receiving corps round out? We got a clue into the race on Monday.
Third-year wideout T.J. Graham continues to drop passes, putting his roster spot in jeopardy and making it more likely the team parts ways with him.
Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods are entrenched as starters, while Mike Williams and Marquise Goodwin are competing for the No. 3 and 4 wideout jobs. If Graham is cut, Chris Hogan, Marcus Easley, and Kevin Elliott have the inside slant for the No. 5 job.
Gordon lawyers up
Josh Gordon has hired attorney Maurice Suh, who helped Richard Sherman win his appeal. Suh will work w/ noted NFLPA attorney Heather McPhee.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 28, 2014
Gordon is set to appeal his season-long suspension, so he’s looking to an attorney who helped Sherman avoid a suspension after testing positive in a drug test.
Best-case scenario: Suh helps Gordon lessen the punishment.
Another hit to the Panthers
The Panthers offense was depleted over the offseason, and one of the most damaging moves was losing left tackle Jordan Gross to retirement. Now we can add another hit to the offensive line.
Travelle Wharton, Carolina’s right guard, announced he, too, is hanging up his cleats, leaving yet another hole for the offense to fill. Third-round pick Trai Turner is expected to take Wharton’s spot in the lineup, a downgrade over the veteran coming off a Pro Bowl appearance.
Mr. 70 percent
Eli Manning completed 58.3 percent of his passes a season ago, but his new quarterbacks coach Danny Langsdorf is challenging the Giants quarterback to up that number to 70.
In contrast, Philip Rivers led all quarterbacks with at least 200 pass attempts with 69.5 percent. Even Eli’s brother, Peyton, couldn’t reach 70 percent.
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread