- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
As training camps across the NFL get underway, XN Sports will report the top headlines of each day.
With the preseason nearing, there is no shortage of intrigue and optimism, key injuries, and potential holdouts, as well as late offseason signings.
Here are the top five headlines for Wednesday:
Jackson, Wilson and Foster injured again
Jackson tweaked his hamstring and is expected to miss the rest of training camp, but should be back for Week 1.
— Jay Adams (@FalconsJAdams) July 29, 2014
Wilson, who suffered a career-threatening neck injury, suffered a neck “burner” and was rushed to the hospital to undergo a battery of tests.
NYG RB David Wilson will undergo tests after suffering what Tom Coughlin called a “burner.” I’m told NYG “will be careful” w/him.
— Kimberly Jones (@KimJonesSports) July 29, 2014
Foster, too, suffered a hamstring injury, though the team has insisted the injury is “minor.” Foster has battled hamstring injuries over the past few years.
McCoy out; Finley in?
Seahawks tight end Anthony McCoy tore his right Achilles’ on Tuesday, just months removed from tearing his left Achilles’ last May. McCoy has missed 30 games due to injury since joining the NFL in 2010.
McCoy was the Seahawks’ third-string tight end behind Zach Miller and Luke Willson. It makes you wonder if the team goes out and signs a free agent to replace McCoy. Let’s say, a Jermichael Finley, who Seattle considered signing this winter.
Rookie LB breaks foot
There were already lofty expectations for Cowboys’ first-round pick, DeMarcus Lawrence. Now he’ll have to overcome a broken foot his rookie season.
Lawrence broke his foot and will be out up to 10 weeks as he undergoes surgery. Lawrence is tasked with replacing DeMarcus Ware on an already porous defensive line. Jeremy Mincey will fill in for Lawrence until he is back at full strength.
Gordon’s second-hand suspension
Gordon’s appeal of the 16-game league suspension will be based around the fact that his positive marijuana test was a result of the second-hand smoke. His appeal will be heard Friday.
San Antonio … Raiders?
Forget an NFL franchise in Los Angeles. The Oakland Raiders have had discussions about becoming the San Antonio Raiders.
This stems from the Raiders’ push to get a new stadium in Oakland, and essentially getting nowhere in those talks. The team’s lease at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum expires after this season.
Maybe the Alamo Dome will become the new home of the R-R-R-Raiders.
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread