- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
As training camps across the NFL continue, XN Sports will report the top headlines of each day.
With the preseason nearing, there is no shortage of intrigue and optimism, key injuries, and potential holdouts, as well as late offseason signings.
Here are the top five headlines for Tuesday:
Broncos running back Montee Ball will miss at least the next two weeks and possibly the entire preseason after undergoing an appendectomy Monday.
Broncos RB Montee Ball will undergo an appendectomy today but is expected to be ready for regular-season opener vs. Colts, per source.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 4, 2014
All signs point to Ball being ready to suit up for Week 1, and there is hope within the organization Ball could return in time for the end of the preseason.
Wilson’s NFL career over
It was a short-lived NFL career for Giants running back David Wilson, who Monday was advised by doctors to no longer play football because of recurring neck issues.
Wilson missed 11 games last season and needed a fusion of the vertebrae to repair a herniated disc in the offseason. Last week he suffered a neck burner in practice. It’s a tough way for a career to come to an end, to say the least.
Tough blow for the Bears
Bears’ No. 3 wide receiver Marquess Wilson, who somehow has managed to steal the attention away from Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery this offseason, suffered a fractured clavicle during Monday’s practice.
WR Marquess Wilson suffered a fractured clavicle, Bears spokesman says. No timetable for his return.
No timetable has been given on Wilson’s return, but it is expected to sideline him between six and eight weeks. In other words, best-case scenario is that Wilson returns by Week 2 or 3.
Baldwin get claimed
Former first-round pick Jon Baldwin was cut by the 49ers this weekend, but he didn’t stay on the waiver wire long. The Lions claimed Baldwin Monday and will give the wide receiver a chance to revive his career with his third team in as many years.
Rams receiving corps update
St. Louis’ wide receivers are one of the major question marks heading into the 2014 season. Last year’s first-round pick Tavon Austin came on strong down the stretch of 2013. Stedman Bailey failed to impress his rookie season, and the team signed veteran Kenny Britt in the offseason.
The St. Louis Dispatch believes Bailey is “poised for a breakout season,“despite being sidelined for the first four games of the year. Britt is lining up with the first-team opposite of Austin and is showing signs of a being changed man, says CBS Sports.
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 7 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- How legal betting states will contribute to revenue growth across major US sports
- The XN Sports family would like to express our deep sorrow in the sudden passing of Kwame Beard