He may have once been the anchor that helped the Nets dock in Brooklyn, but it has recently become apparent that Deron Williams‘ time with the Nets may be drawing to a close. While rumors surrounding Williams’ availability are nothing new, it is rare to see a receiving team linked to the point guard.
In that regard, multiple sources are reporting that the Sacramento Kings are pursuing a deal that would bring Deron Williams out west. CBS Sports even surmises that the desire to add Williams coincides with the promotion of former assistant coach Tyrone Corbin to interim head coach, as Corbin and Williams have previous history together from their days in Utah.
In return for Williams, the Kings would likely move eternal trade-piece Darren Collison — five teams in six seasons — Derrick Williams, and Jason Thompson. But the Kings apparently want more, asking for center Mason Plumlee to go with Williams.
For the Nets to sell who they had intended to be their best player — in recent years, Williams has obviously declined — it would be somewhat unwise to also include a piece with future purpose on the team. After all, deals involving big-name players are typically a swap of an immediate splash for the opportunity to rebuild.
As of right now, that indeed appears to be the hangup, as a deal has yet to be accepted. Brooklyn may soon be in a position where they must move Williams, but they would be wise to protect their future while doing so.
At least, with one suitor now on the table, the Nets might actually have a landing place for one of their more important players of the past few years.
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread